New Profile Picture (+ poem!)


I'm done with my hiatus! I wanted to practice some new hair shading techniques so here you go!

Drawing Notes:
The reason the background is mint and lavender is because I wanted to contrast the darker colors that I used in the foreground. And also because I'm a proud ace-aro! (look up both of the flags)

And also, read on for my new poem: Inner Dialogue of a Violinist. 
Inner Dialogue of a Violinist

Okay. New piece. 
What is this? 
Who the heck is Blumenstengel?
I guess I’ll find out. 

Three-quarters time. 
The key signature is F major
Which I know because
The song is literally called “Etude No. 1 in F.”
That’s simple enough.
Okay.
I can do this. 

The first part starts out pretty simple. 
A sixteenth-note arpeggio, and then - 
Wait. 
This whole song is sixteenth notes.
Why would somebody do this?
Dang it!
There’s a slur there.
Why is there a slur 
between the second and third notes?

Next measure. 
Second position?
Getting into Chamber Orchestra 
Really isn’t worth all this effort. 
But I need to get out of Philharmonic.
Badly. 

Is this fifth position? 
I am starting to question my eyesight. 
Why would you reach over to the A string there?
Just shift down.

I said shift down!
Not to third position.
Just go down to first.
It’s so much more simple. 

I guess the whole point of this song
Is not simplicity.



Comments

Popular Posts